Geaux Global: Steps to Study Abroad
Step One: understand the different types of study abroad programs available at LSUJoin us for an info session! Or, if you can't make it to one of our info sessions, watch this video.
There are several ways you can search. You can search by major or country (to do so, run an advanced search and choose the country and/or subject area you're interested in).
Step Two: Research your program options and set your goals (academic, personal, and professional)
You can search by program type:
- Faculty-Led Programs = short-term programs led by LSU faculty
- Exchanges = pay tuition/fees to LSU and take classes at one of our partner universities
- Bilateral Exchanges
- Global E3 Exchanges
- ISEP Exchanges
- National Student Exchange - yes, we have domestic exchanges!
- Direct Enroll = pay tuition/fees, housing, and meals directly to the partner university
- Non-LSU programs = If you're going on a trip not sponsored by LSU, please complete a Non-LSU Study Abroad application to have the program evaluated to see if LSU can award credit
Step Three: apply for a passport
Step Four: attend a one-on-one advising session with a study abroad advisor
Step Five: submit your application!
Step Six: While waiting for your acceptance letter, research life in your host university